The NNS maps all of the community assets and activities in local constituencies, which can help people aged 50+ to lead independent, happy and healthy lives. In addition to this, the scheme works to sustain and grow activities & services that are offered in the local area.
There is a large number of people these days that feel alone and unsupported without realising there is a vast range of services available to them, free of charge, which could help. The aim of this project is to make sure finding the right support is as simple and efficient as possible, so that residents over the age of 50 can lead healthy, happy lives in their own homes and communities.
By identifying the current regime of local services available to the public, the NNS aim to support the projects by optimising their resources. This can be through:
- funding and/or investment support
- improving accessibility to community activities
- raising awareness of what’s in the community
- signposting networking opportunities
- providing development and infrastructure support amongst community groups to sustain and grow what they do.